8/06/2013

Taiwan - Island of Formosa

Taoyuan Int'l Airport, 5 July 2013.



It's been 1 month and 2 days since I arrived in Taiwan. But I haven't written, blog, post photo, or publish a story. 

Yesterday, a Czech girl said to me that "The best things in life are supposed to be shared". And this has been the best summer of my life. That's how I decided to let the world know what I am doing here in this beautiful island, as a stranger, seeking for a life changing experience.

As I landed at Taoyuan Airport, I was really excited. I walked through the hallways with my heart beating. An AIESECer from Taiwan went to pick me up, we took a train to a town where I will spend most of my time here.
----------------------------------------------------


Zhudong, Hsinchu County

Zhudong Train Station, 5 July 2013








I arrived in the town called Zhudong. It is a small town in the outskirt of Hsinchu. I took the High Speed Rail (THSR), which is amazingly fast. They said it can run at 300km/hour, so it was quite a good, short trip. The farmer picked me up at the station, and took me to the farm where I would work on my project.

Farm









Farm, Ranchau, 5 July 2013

The farm is beautiful. It is surrounded by green small hills. The water is crystal clear and air is so easy to breathe.
I call the farmer "Nongfu",  which means farmer in Chinese, pretty straightforward. Nongfu only plants organic plants in the farm. And it is said, that this place is best in Hsinchu to plant organic vegetables. Because it has the best water, no air pollution, and good soil.




The farm warmly greeted me with a beautiful sunset and an amazing rainbow that fell between the hills. It was beautiful. That's how i knew, that this would be the best summer of my life.

Follow my instagram for more pictures of my journey in Taiwan.

Note: Pictures taken with my phone camera, Google Nexus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment